Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is Southeast Dreamin' being held?
- Southeast Dreamin’ will be held at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center in Atlanta Georgia. Discounted hotel rooms are available.
- How can I get my ticket?
- You can register at this link or you can click the register button in the navigation bar or on the homepage.
- Are meals included?
- Snacks will be available during the afternoon sessions on the 20th. Food and beverage will be available at the networking reception that evening. The 21st will include breakfast and lunch and snacks (including coffee, tea, water, and sodas) will be available all day.
- How can I volunteer at the event?
- Throughout the event we will have opportunities for members of the community to volunteer their time and energy. Currently we do not have any specific opportunities, but we will announce some on our social media channels soon.
- What is the closest airport to the event?
- The closest airport is Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) located 19mi from the event venue.
- What is your ticket refund policy?
- All registration cancellation requests or registration transfer requests must be received via email. Please send your cancellation notice to: email@example.com.
- For a full refund, the registration cancellation request must be received by May 21, 2022. Please allow 5 business days for refund requests to be processed.
- No refunds will be given after May 21, 2022.
- If you are unable to attend Southeast Dreamin’, you may transfer your registration to another person. Requests for registration transfers must be received via email no later than June 6, 2022. Please email your transfer request, along with the name and email address of the person to whom you are transferring your registration to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Hotel Reservation Cancellations, please contact your hotel directly, as they have differing cancellation policies.
- The event is sold out, how can I get a ticket?
- Given the continued interest in ticket purchases, we have decided to allow for late cancellations as requested by current attendees. IF cancellations are made, we will process them at 5pm EST each day until the event and they will then be first come first serve. You can also try checking our Twitter around that time to see if any tickets were released. We do not anticipate tickets being available onsite.
Sessions & Hands-on Trainings
- How are sessions selected?
- After March 31st 2022 a group of Southeast Dreamin’ team members will be sent an anonymized list of session titles, abstracts and session tracks. The members will then assign a score from 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest, to each session. These votes will then be averaged together and applied to the session information. The session selection team will then pick from the highest rated sessions to build a rounded schedule that provides enough sessions for each track. After the sessions have been selected, we will review the session speakers to try to ensure that we give community members the most opportunities to present.
- When will sessions be announced?
- Sessions will be posted to the schedule page after April 7th 2022 and after all speakers have been confirmed.
- How will sessions be announced?
- On (or before) April 7th 2022 an email will be sent to every community member who submitted a session announcing the status of the submission. If you are selected, we will verify your availability and finalize the schedule. If you are not selected, we may reach out to you after the notification date if one of our selected speakers becomes unavailable.
- How are hands-on trainings selected?
- Because of the time commitment and the high technical requirements for presenting hands-on training, selections of submitted hands-on training are not done blindly. The session selection team will review all submitted trainings and select topics that meet our community’s needs as well as being taught by a skilled presenter. If we see similar trainings being proposed by multiple people, we may approach these community members to see if they are willing to work together to provide a single training session.
- Is there parking at the hotel?
- Self parking is covered for the days of the event. Overnight guests will have their room key card enabled to access the garage. For day guests, parking vouchers will be distributed via the event Registration desk. Valet parking is not covered. The hotel does also provide an electric car charging station.
- How do I reserve a hotel room?
- Southeast Dreamin' has a block of hotel rooms provided by the venue for a discounted rate. You can book your room here.
- What's the best way to get to the hotel from the airport?
- You can take a taxi or rideshare to the hotel from the airport however, traffic in the Atlanta area is notoriously bad and can be significantly longer than the advertised 40 minute drive. There is a MARTA stop located within walking distance from the hotel that should take approximately 35 minutes to take. Simply take the gold line from the airport to Lenox station. Exit the station and travel 0.2mi north along Lenox Rd NE to the hotel.
- Food is selected keeping a variety of dietary restrictions in mind - including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free. If you have a specific dietary restriction and need to confirm what food is available for you to eat, please find a Southeast Dreamin team member or hotel employee on site and someone will get you the information you need.
Safety & COVID Protocols
- Although Georgia does not currently require masks indoors, your Southeast Dreamin' event team highly recommends the use of a properly worn mask to keep those around you safe. Let's not negatively impact others' family vacations, reunions, and Summer activities by being the source of COVID-19. Check here for the latest 7-day average in Fulton County, Georgia